Re: box programming in 640x480, examples

Search this archive.

From: Johannes Zellner (johannes@zellner.org)
Date: Tue 30 May 2000 - 00:53:54 IDT

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Thomas Held wrote:

> Hello,
> has anybody an example for me, how to program with these boxes.
> I have drawn a coordinate system and want to display curves one behind
> another.
> Thanks
>       Thomas

If you need a plotting program for the linux console or an example
of a plotting driver you can try the pm3d branch of gnuplot.  You've
to get the latest version via cvs from sourceforge:

see:
    http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2055

basically it's:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gnuplot.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gnuplot login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gnuplot.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gnuplot co -r pm3d gnuplot

all terminal specific stuff is in the file term/vgagl.c

for building the linux console driver (including colored surfaces and mouse
support) you need libvga, libvgagl, and the threedkit stuff which comes also
with the svgalib source. I've packed the latter to a separate lib which can
be obtained at
    http://www.zellner.org/gnuplot/
(lib3dkit-1.4.tar.gz)

for examples you can view the two vgagl*.png's at the same site.
3d-Plots like in these examples can be rotated by dragging with the mouse
at a speed of several frames per second. You've to try this. It's incredible!

good luck!

--
   Johannes