AGP Support - SVGAlib not compatible

Search this archive.

From: Joseph Miller (jmiller@eyes.Arizona.edu)
Date: Sun 21 May 2000 - 17:34:58 IDT

I am about to purchase a new motherboard, many of which now contain
AGP graphics.  In the beginning of April, 2000 there was a posting that
asked if SVGAlib was compatible with AGP. The answer was "No", as I recall.

Does this mean that an AGP board will not run any SVGAlib programs?

Or, is AGP VESA compliant, and only the advanced rendering features are not supported by SVGAlib at the present?

Thanks to all, Joe

--
Joseph M Miller MD  University of Arizona
Associate Professor, Ophthalmology and Optical Sciences