svgalib-1.9.4

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@svgalib.org)
Date: Sun 16 Apr 2000 - 21:05:17 IDT

Hi,

I just uploaded 1.9.4 to
http://www.arava.co.il/matan/svgalib and
http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~zivav/svgalib

There are a few more driver fixes, removal of background support.  I
intend to remove the ALPHA support as well, as it is specific to some
old alpha machines, and I hope to make svgalib architecture independent
by moving all I/O to the kernel module. I did not progress much with
dual monitor support - non interactive programs can work on the
secondary, but there are still problems with input. I decided to wait
and see ho Pavel Machek's input subsystem of the kernel will look in
2.4, instead of trying to kludge something specially for svgalib.

I also added mouse cursor support. A short explanation:
the added functions are
vga_initcursor(force_software) - must be called first. A non zero
	number  will force svgalib to use software cursor, even if
	hardware is supported.
vga_showcursor(show) - use 0 to hide, 1 to show, 2 to hide only if
	software cursor, and 3 to deisplay only if software cursor.
	The reason for 2 and 3 is that drawing over a software cursor is
	not allowed, so if you draw to the screen where the cursor might
	be, you need to hide the cursor if it is a software cursor, but
	not if it is ahardware cursor.
vga_setcursorposition(x,y).
vga_selectcursor(num) - Select which of the 16 available cursors to
	display.
vga_setcursorimage(num, type, col0, col1, unsigned long *image) - set
	the image of cursor num (<16) to he image pointed to. Currently
	only type 0 is supported, which means the cursor is 32x32, the
	image is 32 words (one per line) of the cursor image, followed
	by 32 words of the mask (same rules as X11 cursors: mask=0 is
	background, mask=1 is image). col0 and col1 are 24bit numbers
	representing RGB colors.

The software cursor functions are unoptimized, I'll be glad if someone
who wrote better cursor functions can adapt them for this method, and
send to me a patch.