Is this possible, how?

Search this archive.

From: viscous liquid (viscous_liquid@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed 05 Apr 2000 - 22:48:15 IST

Sorry about the bad subject line, but I am wanting to
be able to do graphic primatives on only sections of
the screen.  What I mean is that i would like to copy
a section of the framebuffer to a seperate buffer in
memory so that it will have it's own local
coordinates. This section will be drawn to then copied
back to the primary framebuffer that will then be
fliped to screen.

The only way I have came up with so far is to treat
the section as a pixmap, writing my own routines for
graphic primatives on the pixmaps. After creating
pixmap, do a gl_copybox().  Is there a better way to
do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated