Re: Keyboard problem

Search this archive.

From: Pásztor Szilárd (silicon@falcon.sch.bme.hu)
Date: Sun 02 Apr 2000 - 16:54:54 IST

Matan Ziv-Av:
> Why do you need svgalib? Why not read the keyboard directly?
> It seems to me that the changes to svgalib are more than what is needed
> to just read the keyboard.

Actually I thought svgalib would be good for keyboard handling since it has
the necessary routines and it seemed pretty low-level for me. I know little
about how I could read the keyboard. Should I do it the same way as svgalib
does? Or does the console-keyboard howto have all the necessary info for
this?

thx
surmoka

       | "Nobody will ever need more than 640k RAM!" - Bill Gates, 1981 |
       |    "Windows 95 needs at least 8 MB RAM." - Bill Gates, 1996    |
       |    "Nobody will ever need Windows 95." - logical conclusion    |