GeForce Support

Search this archive.

From: ans@x-64.com
Date: Tue 21 Mar 2000 - 00:30:05 IST

>You mean it does not work? I don't have such a card, but it
seems to me
>that it is the same as a TNT card, which is supported.
>Please try the latest pre-release of 1.4.2. It should recognize
the card
>as a geforce, and I think it will work, but tell me if it does
not.

I have that pre-release, and the card is recognised as a GeForce,
but I'm unable to set any resolution/bpp mode other than those
very basic/standard modes - 320x240x256, 640x480x16. Trying to
set a higher mode (640x480x256, 1024x768x256 etc.) just gives
me visual whitenoise-type results.

The card does work very well (better performance too) by forcing
svgalib to use the VESA driver.

BTW: I have a Leadtek Winfast GeForce 256 DDR.

-----