Double clicking the mouse

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@interlink-bbs.com)
Date: Sat 18 Mar 2000 - 00:38:45 IST

Hello all,

Once again displaying my slothful disposition, has anyone written code
that can detect a *double* click by the mouse? I'd imagine that some sort
of timer must be involved, like so:

* First click received, timer initialized
* While timer value is increased but is less than X

  - If X number of microseconds have passed before a second click is
    received, timer is reset and no action is taken

    else

  - Application (or whatever) is started

And speaking of timers, what have some of you done in regard to games, etc.?
How have you keep speeds consistent across different processors?

Thanks,

Mr. Lazy A**