Esc key

Search this archive.

From: Jay Link (jlink@interlink-bbs.com)
Date: Fri 10 Mar 2000 - 18:02:38 IST

Hi again,

Ok, I'm sure I could figure this one out for myself if I put some time
into it, but I'm also thinking someone (like Russell) has maybe already
solved it.

So, in a public display of the languor and apathy that I'm feeling today,
I'll post my question here.  ;-P

When using vga_getch() and vga_getkey(), how do you avoid a value of "27"
applying to more than just the "Esc" key? I know the directional arrows
are "escaped", and so pressing the up arrow sends (at first) the same
signal as the Esc key. This is the same problem as you get with ncurses.

So, what's the answer? Can this be done without raw keyboard mode?

Thanks,

-Mr. Brain Dead