Is there a driver for Cyber2000?

Search this archive.

From: Clive Crous (ccrous@shoprite.co.za)
Date: Thu 06 Jan 2000 - 11:58:11 IST

And so it was said < by jean-miel@yeah.net > :

>Hi the World,
>
>I have a Cyber2000 card, and I want run svgalib based program on it.
>Has anybody had the driver? Must I write one?
>By the way, there still has the below line in 'svgalib-1.4.1/src/s3.c':
>svgalib: s3: chipsets newer than S3 Trio64 is not supported well yet

Possibility here is that your card uses the s3 chipset and X recognises it
as such, I had this problem with my "Wonder 4000" card (generic).  But to my
great surprise (and glee) it contained a savage4 chip (by s3) and was fully
compatible with the creative labs' savage4.  Check the chip on the card, if
it's an s3 chip (even though the card itself is produced by a third party )
then you can use the s3 drivers, www.s3.com .

Or if you have a savage4, try creative labs' site << sorry i forget the url
:( >> accelerated X rocks *g*

>but my card is LeadTek WinFast 3D S680, where's the driver?
>
>Jean.

sorry if this info is useless, just a possibility ;)

    Clive