svgalib + slackware

Search this archive.

From: CalcPage@aol.com
Date: Fri 24 Dec 1999 - 22:23:59 IST

Hi!

    I just installed svgalib to my zipslack 7.0 (slackware without GUIs on a
DOS partition) laptop linux box and have a problem.  I got a very basic
console pixel graphics program compiled (gcc -O3 -o testvga testvga.c -lvga)
and executed, so I suppose it works and is installed correctly.

    The problem is with security.  I could not get this to comiple unless I
switched to supervisor rights.  Also, the compiled program would not execute
unless I had su rights.  I tried what you suggested in the dox with 'chmod
u+s testvga' but this only changed the permissions from -rwzr-xr-x to
-rwsr-xr-x when listing the directory.  The program would not run.

    Also, what I want to do with this is give my AP Computer Science students
a graphics library to play with (we're using g++ primarily), so giving them
su rights is not a good idea!

Please help,
A. Jorge Garcia
calcpage@aol.com

http://members.aol.com/calcpage/
The Calculus & Computer Science Archive Project!

Applied Math & CS
Baldwin SHS & Nassau CC

POB 263
Coram, NY 11727 - 0263