Re: help new s3-968 driver no io

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@arava.co.il)
Date: Sun 19 Sep 1999 - 02:13:32 IST

> hi and i making a device driver for a s3-968 chip (eg diamond stealth
> video (vram))
> the driver will have support for
> ramdac / clock chip (TI3026 220 Mhz) (ramdac & clock chips are sub parts
> of this driver)
> 4/8/16/24/32 bpp full hw acceleration
> text mode
> all so it dose not use IO so you can have as many video cards in you
> system as you like
> (new mmio)

That would be great, but I am afraid it might require some (many)
changes to svgalib's core.

> i need help in how to tell svgalib that the card is not the main one
> for any app can still run (to the card) when the switch dose not use
> that card

You can look at the mach32 driver. It sets some flag to tell the svgalib
main functions that some things should not be done using standard vga
coding, but by the driver. It won't do anything you want, but some of
it.