Re: gif / jpg

Search this archive.

From: ivan (ivan@svgalib.org)
Date: Thu 02 Sep 1999 - 16:20:50 IDT

At 09:56 2/09/99 -0300, Cristian Sanchez wrote:
>    Anyone knows how can I show gif and jpg files? I just want to show
>them.   Thanks!   Cristian Sanchez cristians@arnet.com.ar

if you want a general purpose viewing programme i would suggest that you
consider zgv - i've found that to be the best for me

if you want a decode/display library for use in your own programmes have a
look at liblug - it does substantially more than you require but seems to
be very easy to use (i downloaded it, looked at it and even printed to
manual but then my linux box died :(  by the time i was up and running
again my mind had moved on to other things)

zgv is probably packaged already for whatever distro you use so you won't
have any problems there but liblug needs to be downloaded from sunsite and
compiled - make sure you read the manual several times before doing
anything though !)

hth

ivan.