Re: running quake on RH6 with a RivaTNT2 video card

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@arava.co.il)
Date: Sat 31 Jul 1999 - 12:29:16 IDT

> Has anyone got quake I and/or II running on a linux box (redhat6.0
> here) with a 32Mb Riva TNT2 card?

You ask on an svgalib list, so I first answer about svgalib:
svgalib-1.4.1 supports Riva TNT/TNT2, so if you want to use quake (which
is a libc5 binary), download the libc binaries from
http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~zivav/svgalib, and install them where the
"compatibility libraries" are installed in RH6.
For quake2, download the glibc2 version from id, download the source of
the pre-release of svgalib-1.4.1 from my page, compile and install.

At least about Quake2, you can do a lot better by downloading the
accelerated glx server from nvidia, and use 3D accelerated Quake2.