Re: Riva TNT

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (zivav@CS.bgu.ac.il)
Date: Wed 30 Jun 1999 - 16:10:56 IDT

> I have a little question.
> I have RH5.0 running on a P166 with a 2MbS3 videoadaptor.
> So far so good, it runs smoothly for several months now.
> But recently, i got a copy of Suse6.1 and a Creative Labs RivaTNT with 16 Mb videomemory on it (PCI, not AGP).
> I would like to upgrade the RH machine with both components.
> Can anyone give me a usefull advise for the Riva card ?
> Would I need to download a specific driver, or does Suse6.1 already got one ?
> Any help will be much appriciated.

The TNT should work with the VESA driver in svgalib-1.3.1 (or at least
with the 1.4.0 pre-release).
I expect to adapt the nv3 driver to work on a TNT2 soon, so hopefully the
TNT will work as well, as there should be no difference. (But there was
supposed to be no difference between nv3 and TNT :-).

--
Matan Ziv-Av                          matan@svgalib.org