Re: Widget lib

Search this archive.

From: Sergio Masci (sergio@titan.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri 21 May 1999 - 17:48:49 IDT

Sebastien HUET <sebhuet@club-internet.fr> wrote:

> i am looking for any widget set / lib working over svgalib
> need onlu buttons, label, pages. and pictures.

There is a package called XEBOT that works under SVGALIB. It provides a
mechanism for building and running user defined forms, windows, dialogs
etc. It allows you to build your dialog from a template of predefined
controls (buttons, text fields, labels, icons, sliders, spinners, radio
buttons, checkboxes, leds, bar gages, listboxes, comboboxes, text
windows, picture windows, frames and frame dividers). You write your
code in C, C++ or assembler and attach it to the controls via the XPE
interface. XPE is such a powerfull interface that most of the time you
dont NEED to write any external code. XEBOT itself is built around the
IPAD-Pro core and is mostly defined in XPE. There are no event loops to
contend with, you just tell it what to do when something happens (e.g.
when this button gets pressed go get the value from this text field and
call my C function with the value, or when the slider changes set the
value of this bar graph and these leds).

Have a look at http://www.demon.co.uk/titan/DEMO/xebot005.gif this is an
animated gif that shows you how to build a simple dialog (although it is
now out of date and the code shown in the example is now written in a
much simpler way i.e. 'this.frame.bar_gage.set_value(@1)')

Other animations can also be found at http://www.demon.co.uk/titan/DEMO
which highlight other aspects of XEBOT and the IPAD-Pro interface which
should be of interest to anyone looking for a drawing package or real
time CASE tool that runs under SVGALIB.

Now the bad news. Although I've been developing this stuff under SVGALIB
for the last few years, due to the total lack of interest in the SVGALIB
version in the past I do not currently support versions on SVGALIB greater
that 1.2.10. If however anyone really wants to use this stuff under
SVGALIB and needs to run it on a higher version then I will try to sort
something out. In the mean time there are several other port of this
software that would allow you to get a feel for what it can do. If
evaluating the X11 port bear in mind that the SVGALIB port runs faster
and so can be used on a lower spec system. Until about a year ago (when
it finaly got decommishoned) the base line system was a 33MHz 486 with
8MB RAM and an ISA WD90c31 (paradise) video card. I still use a 90MHz
Pentium notebook when demoing the software.

BTW colour printing with this software is a feature not an addon.

Almost forgot the URL
http://www.demon.co.uk/titan

Regards
Sergio Masci