Re: fonts

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@arava.co.il)
Date: Thu 22 Apr 1999 - 22:36:13 IDT

> I have been looking for some more fonts that I can use with svgalib. I need
> larger fonts than 8x8. Can someone tell me where to look or what software
> is available to read in X fonts and scale them.

ZGV (version 3.0 and up) contains code to use bdf font files.
The files you need are bdf2h.c and font.[ch] (and ofcourse bdf fonts).

The font.c file contains some unnecessary stuff (zgv vector font). I
wrote a program to view tv using a bt848 card on svgalib, and there you
can find the font.c file with only the necessary part for bitmap fonts.
It still needs a small shange, as it does not call vga_drawscansegment
directly, in order to support fb and glide, as well as svgalib.
Its available at http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~zivav/svgalib/fstv.tar.gz

--
Matan Ziv-Av.        zivav@cs.bgu.ac.il

        ש"דח הז לאמש םעפה םג