Next release

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@arava.co.il)
Date: Fri 29 Jan 1999 - 19:45:54 IST

Hi,

In the pre-release I released today, the only change is a rage driver,
that should work on all mach64's with internal DAC.

In this (and the previous) pre-release there is a change of memory
handling that required a change to all drivers, so please test this
pre-release on your hardware and report to me. There are still many
drivers that I don't know if they work.

I stopped working on a vbe3 driver (after I made very little progress),
as I now don't have a vbe3 card.

I tried to implement secondary card support (As I have a Hercules
Monochrome card, and the 2.2.* kernel supports console on this card, it
should be easy to test), but failed. It seems to me that disabling the
signal calls, so that svgalib won't know when a console switch occurs
should be enough, but it is not. I'll have to try to understand better
how svgalib works, but if some one else knows how to do it, please tell
me.

On setting arbitrary modes - I plan to have a call
vga_newmode(width,height,depth) that should create a new mode, by
scaling similiar modes (e.g. if you ask for a 720x540 mode, all the
timings for 800x600 should be multiplied by 0.9, or all timings for
640x480 should be multiplied by 1.125). For modes that have a different
aspect ratio, (not 4:3), I still don't know how to do it.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.        zivav@cs.bgu.ac.il

        ש"דח הז לאמש םעפה םג
Vote MAKI - The Israeli Communist Party