Xpert 98 and svgalib

Search this archive.

From: Matan Ziv-Av (matan@arava.co.il)
Date: Sat 16 Jan 1999 - 01:30:05 IST

I got an Xpert98 AGP card, and wrote a driver for it.

The driver should work on all Mach64 cards with internal DAC and clock
chip.

The current problems are
Black screen (and monitor off) when returning to text mode.
Not setting Clock. No matter what, I get a 46MHz pixel clock.

I would now (based on writing other drivers) try to debug those problems
using X. The problem is that XFree86 fails on my system with a signal
11.

So, if someone wants to try completing this driver, or knows why XFree86
is giving me signal 11 (no overclocking or memory problems, please tell
me.

--
Matan Ziv-Av.        zivav@cs.bgu.ac.il

        ש"דח הז לאמש םעפה םג