Re: preparing svgalib for gdb

Search this archive.

From: Mithras (mithras@dhp.com)
Date: Mon 19 Oct 1998 - 19:43:15 IST

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Christian Groessler wrote:
> On 10/19/98 1:39:18 PM mithras@dhp.com  wrote:
> >
> >-doing-.)  Unfortunately, each time I've rebuilt the svgalib distribution
> >I get 'no debugging symbols found'.  I've written a hello.c to check that
>
> Did you remove the "-s" parameter from the final link step of the .so file
> (see src/Makefile)?

I didn't see that either, thanks.  However, I still can't step into
library functions:
38          vga_init();
(gdb) s
0x40092b24 in strcmp (p1=0x80484ea "_DYNAMIC", p2=0x804860e "vga_init") at
.../sysdeps/generic/strcmp.c:44
Which isn't the right file (& it's not around anyway).  I've watched the
compile options carefully, and nothing else stands out.  I commented
out the 'strip' command in the top Makefile, & removed all the -s options
I can find.

Could there be some complication to debugging a library I've missed?

thanks,

Ben Taylor