Current VESA state

Search this archive.

From: Dr. Michael Weller (eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de)
Date: Wed 22 Jul 1998 - 19:10:45 IDT

Well, I combined all patches I got to the patch file above. There
are also patches with regards to egcs support in there which actually
inline the vm86 syscall. I actually like this idea, because it might help
getting rid of the vm86/vm86old, libc/glibc issue.

Alas, it requires a syscall_return macro which at least I don't have.

Would be good if someone with egcs, glibc, etc.. tried to find a way to
autodetect this.

I reenabled -fPIC for all but lrmi.c.

Well, as I said, I didn't think compiling all demos/utils as static is
sensible. There must be another way to compile a shared lib with rpm.

Would be good if someone could test this.

Michael.

--

Michael Weller: eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de, eowmob@ms.exp-math.uni-essen.de,
or even mat42b@spi.power.uni-essen.de. If you encounter an eowmob account on