Trio64 and svgalib and LIBC5

Search this archive.

From: Christian Hammers (ch@lathspell.westend.com)
Date: Tue 14 Apr 1998 - 23:40:02 IDT

Hi !

Is anybody here who uses the svgalib with an Trio64
(I have a Elsa Winner 1000Trio64/V+) and the "old" libc5 ?

I have the strange problem, that svgalib works for me with the new
libc6 aka glibc2 but NOT with the libc5.
Programs using libc5 and svgalib freeze the computer - only hardware
reset works.

It can hardly be a compile problem because I run a Quake compiled by
ID Software, and a svgalib compiled by some Debian guy.

I compiled then for myself and saw it again:
>From the same source I made a libc5 and a libc6 version (using a
Debian GNU/Linux distribution) and only the libc6 works. All other libc5
programs works....

Can anybody help me ?

read you,

    -christian-

P.S.: Please email me directly, too. I will subscribe soon, but I will not
      miss an answer. thank you.