pyramid driver

Search this archive.

From: Jan Hubicka (hubicka@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Sat 21 Mar 1998 - 17:45:30 IDT

Hi
I'am trying to write an driver for Pyramid chip (new 3d accelerator). Problem is, that it does
not support VGA, so there is no old functions, like banked memory. I've hacked svgalib
to use another base for memory and it uses nicely pyramid's vram. Problem is, that pyramid
don't support banks. It has just linear framebuffer. It is possible to set this for SVGAlib?
It don't seems to like my linear framebuffer settings (mainly because it does some tests
before, where it falis - because of non functional setpage)
I didn't found any way to inicialize SVGAlib in linear mode by default. (so far I've hacked setpage
to modify videoram pointer, so vgatest works :) but nothing more...it is definitivly dot the right
way...

Another problem is, that pyramid supports just x resolutions set to powers of two(32-2048)
so I can't set modes like 640x480 with scanline 640 bytes, but I have to use scanline
1024 instead. Currently my driver overwrites table of resolutions and hack this in that way.

Is there some way to solve problems?

Note that I am not subscribed to this list, so please reply directly to my adress.

Honza